Become a better public speaker, improve your confidence, and develop your leadership skills through the AAPA Toastmaster Club.
About the AAPA Toastmasters Club
The AAPA Toastmasters Club is open to everyone in the community. The group meets every two weeks (10am-11:15am) on Saturdays in Pasadena. Attend your first meeting for free, meet the officers and members, and see what the AAPA Toastmasters Club can do for you!
AAPA is a Distinguished Toastmasters Club!
Upcoming Toastmaster Events
Toastmaster Club FAQs
- WHO: Open to everyone in the community (must be over 18 years old).
- AAPA will not discriminate due to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
- WHAT: Participate in a facilitated meeting with peers and practice your leadership, speaking, and communication skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- WHEN: Meet the 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month from 10 AM to 11:15 AM.
- WHERE: Events will be held at the University of Phoenix building, located at 299 N. Euclid Ave., Rooms #101/102, Pasadena, CA 91101
A total of $77.00 Toastmasters member fees include:
- $45.00 for a 6-month Toastmasters International membership fee, for April - September or October - March.
- $12.00 for a 6-month Club fee, for expenses incurred at Club level, such as print-out of meeting materials, certain club events.
- $20.00 for new member, for access to 1 communication path, which includes speeches that you would be completing.
- ** If your application is received for a timeframe lesser than 6-month, a pro-rated amount will be applied. Please contact us for more information.
Confident, charismatic leaders weren’t born that way. In Toastmasters you’ll gain the practice to become the leader, speaker, and communicator you want to be. Become a better negotiator. Gain trust. Sharpen your management skills. Inspire your team. Be decisive.
Participate! AAPA Toastmasters provides a safe and supportive environment for you to practice and improve in whatever skills you are looking to acquire in addition to public speaking. You’ll get the most out of it when you participate in the meeting, such as signing up for meeting roles, prepared speeches, officer role(s), or help organize club events, etc.
The Toastmasters journey is self-paced. We do understand that each of us has other obligations outside of the club and they tend to change.
You are NOT required to attend every single meeting. If you tell yourself you can set aside AT LEAST 1.5 hours a month to work on your communication and other soft skills, then use AAPA Toastmasters as a platform to help you achieve that goal.
No. You are not obligated to speak when visiting a club. You may simply observe if you wish. If you’d like to participate, you may either raise your hand during the impromptu speech segment, which is called Tabletopics, or let the Toastmaster of the Meeting know. The Toastmaster of the Meeting usually stays around the front of the room, by the lectern.
Our meeting is scheduled to start at 10:00am and end at 11:15am. We do our best to continue extended discussion after the meeting.
No. You are not required to bring anything to a meeting.
There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. The club will have elected club officers present and a Toastmaster who facilitates the meeting.
As long as you are at least 18 years old, you can join Toastmasters.